YES – we are a SERVICE PROVIDER with the NDIS.
Starfish is an NDIS APPROVED SERVICE PROVIDER for Assistive Technology and Consumables (AT & C) – Low Cost, Low Risk.
Our Provider Number is 4050 030 326
This means if you have funds allocated in your NDIS plan under Core Supports for AT & C, then you can purchase products such as sensory tools, behavioural and self-care supports – so long as they are reasonable and necessary supports working towards the goals in the NDIS plan.
How does it work?
Well, it depends on how your NDIS plan is set up.
If you are:
Self Managed – pop into our store and choose the items you are after (or order online) and pay as per a normal sale. Generally, people pay upfront for their items.
- Our receipt is NDIS compliant – it has our ABN and a receipt number
- Log onto the NDIS portal and request reimbursement of the funds spent
Agency Managed – choose the items you are after (they need to meet the goals of your plan)
- We will log onto the NDIS portal, and once the service agreement is approved you can take the products straight away (or we can freight them to you)
- Later on, we log onto the NDIS portal and seek payment directly from the NDIS for your products.
Plan Managed – choose the items you are after (they need to meet the goals of your plan)
- We send your Plan Manager an invoice, and once payment is made (or we are given notification that it will be made) then you can pick up your items (or we can freight them to you)
- You can also pay upfront, if you wish, and take the receipt to your Plan Manager for reimbursement. Which means you can have the items straight away.
We’ve put together a simple flow chart for Assistive Technology and Consumables to help give everyone a clearer picture of how it works.
Please note: the NDIS and ATO has advised that we are not GST exempt for the purposes of the NDIS.